During the past few years, a number of HRM clients have raised the question:
Client: Are the services provided at each of our locations consistent and delivered in the same way?
HRM: The answer may surprise you. As an outcome of these requests, HRM now offers a Multi-Site Service Line Assessment, designed to answer strategic questions for a hospital system such as:
- Are all of our locations performing at the same level of care?
- Do our staff members perform all of the processes in the same way?
- Are there “best practices” occurring within different locations which can be emulated and/or copied?
- Are my operating costs per patient relatively the same?
- Are there models to restructure the professional services to provide a uniform practice?
- Are we measuring things the same way at each location?
- How can we be more efficient and capitalize on economies of scale?
Much like our multi-site assessment, the focus of a single site assessment includes:
- Work flow analysis
- Duplication of effort, disconnects in process
- “Best Practices” which should be copied system wide
- Documentation, coding, billing and compliance issues
- Ineffective or misallocated staffing patterns
- Patient registration, triage and information processing problems
- Misaligned incentives and goals for the hospital and the practice